Morokolo Game Lodge is in the Black Rhino Game Reserve. This is in the northern part of the Pilanesberg National Park. Morokolo Game Lodge is an intimate private lodge, tucked away from the rest of the world. Morokolo is the Setswana name for the indigenous Num-Num tree.
Enjoy an African safari on our 10-seat game drive vehicle with your dedicated game ranger. Relax and refresh in the swimming pool with a view of the Pilanesberg mountains, or unwind in the intimate Jacuzzi.
Morokolo Game Lodge Accommodation
- 6 Double Suites
- 2 Family Suites
The double suites sleep two people (double or twin), and family suites sleep two people (double or twin) downstairs and two people (twin) in the open loft. All the suites are spacious and fully air-conditioned.
What sets the suites apart?
- En-suite bathroom with modern finishes (with bath and shower)
- Cosy Jetmaster fireplace and a comfortable lounge area with a private patio
- A stocked mini bar in each room, which will be charged for on departure (cash only please)
- A complimentary tea- and coffee station in each suite
- The entertainment area is open plan and has a lounge with a plasma TV, DSTV and DVD player
- Beautiful bar area with a pool table and various board games
- Outside patio area that seats up to ten people
- There is Undercover parking for four vehicles
The lodge can accommodate up to 16 adults and eight children at a time.
Buffalo regularly roam in this area, as they take shelter in remote areas not accessible to other visitors to the Pilanesberg National Park. The lodge is characterised by a beautiful forest of Tamboti trees. Ideal for families and private groups.
- 6 Luxury Double Suites
- 2 Luxury Family Suites (with upstairs mezzanine lofts offering two additional single beds)
- Full en-suite bathroom
- Private courtyard with an outside shower
- Bar fridge with coffee and tea facilities
- Air conditioner
- Private patio
- Open plan main entertainment area, fully air-conditioned
- Lounge area with plasma screen TV (DSTV channels) and reading area
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wi-Fi available in the restaurant area
- Bar with a pool table and board games
- Open-air boma
- Swimming pool sunken into a paved deck
- Head towards Sun City on the R556 and pass the entrance to Sun City on the right. Continue for 5.11 km.
- At the 4-way stop, turn right onto the R565 (Swartruggens).
- Continue on this road for about 27 km through a small village (beware of potholes and roadworks) until you arrive at the Black Rhino Game Reserve entrance on your right.
- Sign in at the gate for Lodge number 19.
- From the Black Rhino Game Reserve gate, drive for about 29 km until you get to an intersection, continue straight for 500 metres until you see the lodge on your right.
- A standard sedan vehicle should be able to reach Morokolo Game Lodge without difficulty.
- Black Rhino Game Reserve: 25°10’54.35″S 26°57’18.25″E
Morokolo Game Lodge: 25°10’6.95″S 26°58’55.80″E
CHECK IN TIMES
Check-out time: 11h00 am
- Please make prior arrangements if you will not be able to accommodate these times.
- Transfers can be arranged before your arrival.
The Child policy at Morokolo aims to act in the best interest and safety of our guests. We are located within a national park and game reserve where animals roam freely. Animals are wild and will always react according to their instincts.
- Under 12 years pay 50% of the sharing rate.
- Children under two stay for free.
- Children between 6–12 years of age are permitted on drives at the discretion of the game ranger.
The rules governing game drives do not permit children under six years of age.
If you would like, we can arrange a babysitter to look after children at an hourly rate.
In the morning after breakfast, we take them out on their very own game drive for about 30 minutes.