Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge, meaning “Place of the Rock”, is situated on the slopes of an ancient volcano in the heart of an untamed wilderness: the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park. Kwa Maritane is famous for its wildlife hide, webcam, and waterhole linked to the lodge by a 180 metre-long tunnel, its outstanding cuisine and the hospitality of its staff.
The standard rooms have two double beds and a sleeper couch with an en-suite bathroom and shower. The Kwa Maritane Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the following times:
- Breakfast: Monday to Sunday 07h00–10h00
- Terrace Menu: Monday to Sunday 10h00–22h00
- Buffet Dinner: Monday to Sunday 18h30–22h00
Kwa Maritane Lodge
- 18 Studio twin rooms (sleeps 36 people) – Two double beds
- 16 Studio double rooms (sleeps 32 people) – One king size bed
- 16 Twin rooms (sleeps 32 people) – Two single beds
- 20 Executive studio rooms (sleeps 40 people) – Two double beds and a mini bar
- 20 Executive king studio rooms (sleeps 40 people) – King-size bed and a mini bar
- Room Service from 07h00–22h00
One wheelchair accessible room
- Direct dial telephone and colour television (DSTV channels)
- Kwa Maritane Restaurant
- Kwa Mazout Ladies Cocktail Bar
- Two bomas and an underground game viewing hide
- Two floodlit tennis courts and an outdoor chess area
- Rock climbing wall
- Two swimming pools plus a kids’ slide and trampoline
- Children’s playground
- 9-hole Bush putt-putt
- Educational wildlife centre
- Junior Ranger children’s programme
- Spa and gym
- Medical services on call
- Curio shop
- Wireless internet access (specific areas
Rhino (18m x 6m)
- Cinema: 100 delegates; Schoolroom: 54 delegates; U-Shape: 40 delegates
Hippo (6m x 6m)
- Cinema: 16 delegates; Schoolroom: 14 delegates: U-Shape: 12 delegates
Tau or Nare (16m x 10m each)
- Cinema: 208 delegates; Schoolroom: 84 delegates; U-Shape: 44 delegates
Tau and Nare combined (16m x 20m)
- Cinema: 400 delegates; Banquet: 200 delegates.
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge Conference facilities
- Wall screen, television, desk, public address system
- Flip charts, whiteboards, data and video projector
- Lapel microphone system (Tau and Nare only)
- ISDN lines
- Dance floor and stage
- Secretarial services (by prior arrangement)
- Take the N4 highway (Platinum Highway) until you see the off-ramp marked Pilanesberg to the left on route 91.
- Exit the highway there.
- At the T-junction turn right and follow the M556 towards Sun City.
- 5 km before Sun City turn right towards Kwa Maritane/Mogwase/Pilanesberg Airport.
- Travel about 2 km along this road where you will find the Kwa Maritane entrance gate on your left.
- Follow the signs to the lodge.
- Black Rhino Game Reserve: 25° 10’ 54.35″ S | 26° 57’ 18.25″ E
- Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge: 25° 20′ 05″ S | 27° 08′ 44″ E
CHECK IN TIMES
In time: 14h00 pm
Check out time: 10h00 am
- Please make prior arrangements if you will not be able to accommodate these times.
- Please arrange Transfers before your arrival.
- Children aged 12 and younger (max two children per room) stay free. Includes dinner bed and breakfast.
- Under age 13–17 years will stay free and will be charged 50% of the meal rate (sharing with one or two adults).
- Children pay for game drives.
- Children occupying their rooms will be the full adult rate.