Tshukudu Bush lodge, or “place of the Rhino”, is on a hilltop. The luxurious Tshukudu Bush Lodge offers sweeping views of the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park. This intimate lodge offers six luxury cottages, where attention to detail and personalized service is guaranteed. Game traverses the plains below and Big Five sightings are the norm, rather than the exception.
To reach Tshukudu cottages, guests climb 132 steps which make the area inaccessible to the physically challenged. Tshukudu Bush Lodge is renowned for its intimate setting, tranquility and superb service.
Not wheelchair friendly, unfortunately.
Tshukudu Bush Lodge
- Each designed chalet offers a romantic sunken bath.
- Open plan lounge and bedroom.
- A fireplace and private balcony.
- Each spacious custom-designed suite has all of Tshukudu’s finest touches as standard.
- This includes crystal chandeliers and rock craft fireplace.
- Luxurious bath overlooking the plains remains an integral feature of the bathroom and caters for a truly romantic experience.
- The new suites also include a private plunge pool on their secluded decks, outdoor shower and twin vanities.
What sets the suites apart?
Tshukudu Bush Lodge is situated on an elevated hill with stunning views overlooking the natural surroundings. It is not uncommon to experience the Big Five from this luxury lodge. The small intimate size of the lodge is perfect for guests who seek tranquility in nature. Perfect for small groups.
High tea and meals are provided on the deck overlooking the plain and a waterhole at the foot of the hill. After a delicious high tea, guests are taken on an up to 4-hour game drive in the company of field guides.
- Check in at Bakubung Game Lodge.
- 6 Luxury cottages.
- Rooms have double beds, sunken bath.
- Open lounge with fireplace.
- Fully stocked mini bar.
- Hair dryer.
- Tea- and coffee-making facilities.
- Safety deposit box.
- Balcony overlooking the Pilanesberg National Park landscape and waterhole.
- 132 stairs to climb to reach the lodge.
- Swimming pool.
- Game drives in open game drive vehicles with refreshments.
- Conference facilities.
- Specialty braai.
- Medical services on call.
Conference Facilities for 12 delegates
- Slide projector
- Portable screen (2m x 2m)
- Overhead projector
Tshukudu Bush Lodge cuisine has a strong African influence and is prepared to five star standards.
A splendid selection of wines provides the perfect accompaniment to your carefully prepared meal.
At night, sit under the African sky beside the blazing fire and listen to the distant roar of lions.
- Take the N4 toll road to Rustenburg (Bakwena Platinum Highway).
- Stay on the toll road.
- Take the Sun City off ramp (R556 – Sun City/Majakaneng).
- Turn right back over the highway and follow this road (watch out for speed traps at the villages!) passing three 4-way stops.
- Keep going until you reach Sun City.
- 5 km past Sun City – turn right at the Bakubung sign – following the road through the village.
- Enter Bakubung and meet our guides for your transfer.
- Complimentary transfers between Sun City and Tshukudu Bush Lodge.
- Black Rhino Game Reserve: 25°10’54.35″S 26°57’18.25″E
- Tshukudu Bush Lodge:-25.2999268″ S 27.0261928″E
CHECK IN TIMES
In time: 13h30 pm at Bakubung Gate (from where you we will be transfer you to Tshukudu Game Lodge)
Check out time: 11h00 am (you will be transferred back to Bakubung Gate)
- Please make prior arrangements if you will not be able to accommodate these times.
Complimentary transfers between Sun City and Tshukudu Bush Lodge.
- No children under 12 years of age
- Children between 12–18 years of age, sharing with 1 or 2 adults in a luxury chalet, will be charged a third person supplement rate on a fully inclusive basis